Pavement Friction Tester PFT EN
PAVEMENT FRICTION TESTER (PFT) 1295
The 1295 Pavement Friction Tester (PFT) measures both fully locked wheel and peak friction on paved surfaces. It is designed for maintenance testing to evaluate changes or deterioration in pavement friction due to traffic, weathering, polishing, and/or aging.
The 1295 consists of a fully instrumented tow vehicle and test trailer, and utilizes the Dynatest two-axis transducer to provide real time vertical load and horizontal tractive force measurements. As a pavement measurement device, the 1295 meets all the requirements of ISO 8349, ASTM-E274, E1337, and F408
- All electronic instrumentation is state of the art and the user friendly, menu-driven Windows® software, which allows the operator to enter and document multiple test parameters.
- The field program calculates the Skid Number (SN) and the Peak Braking Coefficient (PBC) from the two-axis force transducer data in real time, and displays the friction and speed data for each test. Test headers, skid numbers, as well as curves and peak fiction can be printed and/or stored.
- Additional software capabilities include automatic system calibration, full system diagnostics, adjustable test cycle timing (within ASTM-E274 specifications), pre-set test cycles, multiple user defined event markers.
- The system is equipped with digital encoders to accurately measure distance and monitor test wheel speeds and lockup, Laptop PC and color graphic printer.
- Dual-side testing
- Texture laser for MPD data collection
- Pavement and tire temperature sensors
- ROW camera
- Multiple vehicle and water tank sizes
Runway Friction Tester
The Runway Friction Tester is an accurate and repeatable, self-contained continuous friction measuring equipment (CFME) that provides coefficients of friction (Mu) on airport runways.
Highway Slip Friction Tester
The HFT is an accurate and repeatable, self-contained continuous measuring device that provides self-wetted coefficients of friction on highway pavements.
Tire Traction Tester (TTT)
The Tire Traction Tester (TTT) measures the peak friction characteristics on paved surfaces and it is used for tire testing to evaluate the dry or self-wetted friction characteristics of tires.